EAI AFRICOMM 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference (with an on-site possibility).
In 2020, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the events, all while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2021.
Although we will miss having everyone meet and connect in person, we feel strongly that knowledge exchange must continue, if not more so. That is why we have equipped our online conferences with live viewing with chat, virtual Q&A, and a multitude of other measures to provide you with a great experience. Learn more about EAI’s online conferences.
If the situation allows it, the event will take place in its original location with an option to present remotely. In any case, all matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged.
Deploying efficient and effective ICT infrastructures, solutions, and services when limited resources are available is a daunting task. This has been a topic of great concern to researchers and practitioners alike, who are working to promote the diffusion of ICT in developing countries. EAI AFRICOMM 2021 aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, and policy makers in ICT to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Infrastructure and e-Services along with their associated policy and regulations with a deep focus on developing countries.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The conference welcomes contribution in wide-range topics related to infrastructure and services development especially in the emerging topics, including, but not limited to:
- Internet of Things
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure
- Smart cities and infrastructure
- Ubiquitous networks and ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions,
- ICT services based on alternative energies,
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies such as LTE, 5G, and 6G, drone and geospatial technologies,
- ICT security and privacy
- Innovative mobile technologies and solutions
- Blockchain technology
- ICT for creative and digital economy
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing with a focus on African languages
- Deep learning and big data
- Social networks
- e-Government and e-services
- Cloud computing
- and applications of smart solutions to emergency and disaster management including solutions to address impact of pandemics such as COVID-19 in education, health, business and other social services.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access) – indexed in ESCI & Ei Compendex
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
20 May 19 July 2021
19 August 30 September 2021
21 October 2021
Start of Conference
1 December 2021
End of Conference
3 December 2021
Full Paper Submission deadline
10 August 30 August 2021
15 September 30 September 2021
21 October 2021