EAI AFRICOMM 2022 will be held as an on-site conference and if needed, Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given an option to present remotely.
Developing countries are embracing the use of ICT in order to improve performance of both the public and private sectors. A great challenges is, however, resource availability. Researchers and practitioners alike, from both the global north and south have developed interest on developing the means and ways of efficient diffusion of ICT in the resource constrained environment. AFRICOMM 2022 aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, and policy makers in ICT to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Infrastructure and e-Services along with their associated policy and regulations with a deep focus on developing countries.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The conference welcomes contribution in wide-range topics related to infrastructure and services development especially in the emerging topics, including, but not limited to:
- cloud computing and internet of things
- machine learning, energy-aware ICT infrastructure
- existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies
- WiMAX, LTE.
- ICT security
- overlay networks (such as p2p)
- self-managed deployment
- operation, maintenance
- innovative mobile technologies and solutions
- innovative blockchain appliances for developing countries
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions
- ICT infrastructures and services based on alternative energies
- ubiquitous networks and environments
- creative and digital economy
- smart cities, social networks
- e-Government and e-services
- drone and geospatial technologies
- deep learning and big data
- application of smart solutions to emergency and disaster management including solutions to address impact of pandemics such as COVID-19 in education, health, business, digital economy and other social services.
- technological development on developing blue economy for sustainable development.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library: AFRICOMM Conference Proceedings.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access)– indexed in Web of Sience, Scopus, Ei Compendex and others
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
- Regular papers should be up to 12-15 pages in length.
- Short papers should be 6-11 pages in length.
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
14 September 2022
1 November 2022
8 November 2022
Start of Conference
5 December 2022
End of Conference
7 December 2022
24 October 2022
7 November 2022
11 November 2022